City council is the legislative and governing body of Commerce City. The nine members establish the vision for the city, set annual goals to achieve that vision and enact the laws that govern residents. City council annually reviews and approves the city budget. They also appoint the city manager, city attorney and municipal court judge, as well as members of boards and commissions.
City Council Meetings
- Regular meetings: 6 p.m. on the first and third Monday of each month except for holidays. Time is dedicated during the regular meetings for citizen communication.
- Study sessions: 6 p.m. on the second and fourth Monday of each month except for holidays.
- Meeting locations: Unless otherwise designated by the council, meetings take place at the Civic Center at 7887 E 60th Ave., Commerce City.
- Meeting broadcasts: Regular meetings are broadcast online and on local Channel 8.
Agendas, Policies & Goals
City Council Vacancies
2019 is an election year in Commerce City! Turn your ideas for the community into action and run for city council in the upcoming municipal election. On Nov. 5, voters will elect the Mayor and council members for Ward II, Ward IV, and two at-large representatives. Learn about the vacancies at c3gov.com/elections.
There are nine city council members, including one mayor, a council member for each of the city's four wards and four members at-large. The mayor selects a councilperson to serve as the mayor pro tem.
- Mayor Sean Ford
- Mayor Pro Tem Councilman Rick Teter, Ward II
- Councilman Oscar Madera, Ward I
- Councilwoman Nicole Frank, Ward III
- Councilman Steve Davis, Ward IV
- Councilman Steve Douglas, At Large
- Councilman Benjamin Huseman, At Large
- Councilman José Guardiola, At Large
- Councilman Craig Hurst, At Large
Engage with City Council
City council hosts several events and town halls throughout the year to provide residents an easy way to engage in city government. These events are an opportunity to share city information, get feedback on city projects and answer questions about services or issues.
Telephone Town Halls
Engage with city council from the comfort of your home. The next telephone town halls are scheduled for:
Nov. 14, 7-8 p.m.
Dec. 3, 7-8 p.m. (en Español)
There are two ways to participate:
- Text C3GOV to 828282 or register online at vekeo.com/commercecity to subscribe and receive a phone call when the meeting starts
- Call 877-229-8493 on the day of the event and enter code 115347 when prompted to listen live starting at 7 p.m. (or listen live online).
Telephone Town Hall Archives
Missed the live conversation? You can listen to past telephone town halls. Audio recordings are typically posted one week after the event.
¡Alza Tu Voz! Reunión con Líderes de la Ciudad
Con el objetivo de tener una conversación abierta sobre temas de interés de la comunidad Latina, la ciudad tendrá dos reuniones al año. Escucha los audios de las reuniones pasadas en la página ¡Alza Tu Voz!