The QCF provides two grant opportunities for nonprofits that impact to the quality of life of residents in Commerce City. The amount of money available for grants varies each year and is determined by a city council appropriation in the city’s annual budget.
Grant Opportunities & Guidelines
Nonprofits can only apply to ONE of the following grants:
- 2020 Program/Project Grant: Supports a specific nonprofit program or project that impacts Commerce City residents.
- NEW: 2020 General Operating Support Grant: Supports nonprofits with developing their internal infrastructure (capacities and systems) to better serve Commerce City residents. To be eligible for this grant, the nonprofit must have:
- Received a QCF program grant in 2018 or 2019
- Successfully completed the scope of work defined in the prior grant application(s)
- Expended all prior grant funds and submitted all grant reports
Both grant opportunities require organizations to have a 501(c)(3) nonprofit status, address the needs of Commerce City residents, and demonstrate sound fiscal management.
Important Upcoming Dates
- January 15: 2020 Grant Applications Release Date
- January 31: 2019 Grant Progress Reports Due Date
- February: Technical Assistance/ Informational Grant Workshops (learn more below)
- February 5: Grant Workshop #1 (6 p.m. Civic Center, 7887 E. 60th Ave.)
- February 8: Grant Workshop #2 (9:30 a.m. Civic Center, 7887 E. 60th Ave.)
- March 6: 2020 Grant Applications Due Date
- April 20: 2020 Grant Awards Announced
Informational Grant Workshops
QCF will offer in-person informational workshops for applicants during this grant cycle. Current, past, and prospective grantees are invited to attend. QCF board members will walk attendees through the grant application, guidelines, and answer questions in a group format. Interested organizations are invited to attend to discuss their proposals and ask questions about the process.See flier of these events.
Documents, Forms & Grant Applications
- 2019 Progress Grant Report Form
- 2020 Program/Project Grant Application
- 2020 General Operating Support Grant Application
Congratulations to the 2019 Program/Project Grant Recipients:
- A Precious Child Inc.
- Adams 14 Education Foundation
- Adams County Emergency Food Bank
- Adams County Youth Initiative
- Adelante Community Development
- Almost Home
- Alternatives for Youth
- CASA of Adams & Broomfield Counties
- Catholic Charities
- Commerce City Cultural Council
- Commerce City Rotary Foundation
- Community Uplift Partnership
- Environmental Learning for Kids
- Food Bank of the Rockies
- Foster Source
- Joyful Journeys Community Enrichment
- Junior Achievement, Rocky Mountain Inc.
- Kids First Health Care
- Let Your Light Shine
- Little Giants Learning Center
- Project Angel Heart
- Ralston House
- Reaching Hope
- Stout Street
- The Feline Fix
- The Senior Hub
Additional Grant Opportunities
The city provides grant opportunities to nonprofits to fund activities/projects that benefit low-to-moderate-income residents in the city under the Community Development Grant Program (CDBG) program.