Adopted in 1970, the city charter established Commerce City as a home rule municipality and guides how local government functions. The charter can only be amended by a vote of the people.
Commerce City’s comprehensive plan is an advisory document that sets forth the community's vision, goals and policies to help guide development and investment decisions. The comprehensive plan sets the stage for short- and long-term development regulations, ongoing decision-making, program funding and capital investments.
- Cultural Council’s Public Art Plan
- Derby Sub-Area Master Plan
- Economic Development Strategic Plan
- Historic Preservation Plan
- Irondale Neighborhood & Infrastructure Plan
- Prairieways Action Plan
- Prairieways Action Plan Map
- Second Creek Master Plan
- Station Area Master Plan
- Transportation Master Plan
- Walk Bike Fit – A Multi-Modal Active Transportation Plan