Senior citizens 62 years of age and older are eligible for a $36 yearly refund of the property taxes paid to the City of Commerce City. If more than $36 was paid to Commerce City for the previous year, 100 percent of the paid amount may be refunded. Senior citizen renters may apply for a $30 refund.
- Must be 62 years of age or older by November 1 of the current year
- Must have lived in a home or an apartment within the city limits during the previous year
- Must provide a copy of Adams County Real Property Tax Notice for the current tax year to receive the 100% refund of city property tax:
- The Real Property Tax Notice must be listed in the applicant’s name to be eligible
- To obtain a copy of your Real Property Tax Notice please contact the Adams County Assessor’s Office at 720-523-6038
- Only the amount paid to the City of Commerce City is refundable with this program
- No more than one refund will be given per address
- Applications must be filed between January 1 and November 1 of the current year
If you previously participated in the program, we will automatically send an annual refund application.
Download a 2019 Application, or get one in person at the Civic Center or by calling the finance department at 303-289-3627.