The police department values the relationship it has built with the community and provides programs and events to strengthen crime prevention for safer communities.
The Neighborhood Watch is a program which encourages residents to be active in their neighborhoods and work together with crime prevention officers to build stronger communities and prevent crime.
How to Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group
- Meet with the crime prevention officer to learn more about the program and ask for help planning meetings.
- Choose the boundary area that you would like the neighborhood watch to cover.
- Decide a time, date and location for the first informational meeting.
- Distribute invitations to the upcoming meeting.
- Recruit neighbors to attend the meeting and encourage each person to bring someone with them.
- Group receives special training on how to detect suspicious activities.
- Receive updates on current crime trends and signage.
- Analysis of how environmental design can prevent crime in residential areas.
The Neighborhood Watch program works to reduce crime and improve the quality of life in neighborhoods. By getting neighbors to work together and with city staff, residents can be prepared for emergencies and report suspicious behavior to the police.
For more information, please call 303-727-3915 or 303-727-3996.
Crime Prevention officers work together with local businesses to educate management and employees to recognize crime risks and help resolve crime issues, enhancing the safety of local businesses. Learn more about Business Watch.
The Commerce City Police Department hosts several events to help keep neighborhoods safe and to allow members of the community to connect with police officers. Visit the events calendar for a list of upcoming events in the city.
Prescription Drug Roundup
Twice a year, the department hosts events to safely dispose of expired, unused prescription and over-the-counter drugs. Last year more than 20,000 pounds drugs were collected in Colorado. Check the city calendar for the next event.