Commerce City Police Department strives to be the standard of excellence for public safety and service to the community.
The police department has a collaborative partnership with the community and treats people with respect and compassion.
CCPD focuses on four main objectives:
- Crime prevention and reduction of crime
- Building and improving community relationships with residents and business owners
- Use data and analysis to identify crime trends to improve service delivery
- Reduce repeat calls of service by identifying and addressing crime trends
National Night Out
National Night Out is an annual event held the first Tuesday in August in neighborhoods throughout the city. The event promotes neighborhood unity and a strong police-community partnership to build a safer community. Residents and organizations are encouraged to invite their neighbors for block parties, cookouts or other events, which will be visited by Commerce City police officers and other area public safety agencies.
National Night Out is meant to:
- Generate support for, and participation in, local anti-crime programs
- Increase awareness about crime and drug prevention
- Send a message to criminals that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships
For more information or to sign up to host an event in your neighborhood, contact Investigator Elizabeth Couture at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-727-3915.