Municipal Court is canceled through April 20. Find more information at c3gov.com/covid-19.
The Commerce City Municipal Court prosecutes municipal ordinance violations and most traffic violations that occur within city limits. These are issued by a Commerce City police officer, animal control agent, neighborhood services inspector or sales tax auditor. The Municipal Court Staff cannot provide legal advice.
Pay a Ticket or Fine
There are many ways you can pay — learn more on how to resolve your citation.
Lost Your Ticket?
Learn how to request a records search, including a background check and a criminal justice search.
How to Prepare for Court
- Plan to be in court for at least three hours.
- If you are under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must appear with you (no other adult is acceptable).
- Try to arrive 15 minutes or more before the time set on your letter as you are seen on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please dress appropriately. If you arrive to court wearing inappropriate clothing, you may be asked to leave and come back dressed in more appropriate apparel.
- Hats are not allowed in the courtroom. If you do wear a hat, you will be asked to remove it while you are in the courtroom.
- Cell phone use is not permitted in the courtroom.
- Plan ahead. Prepare for your meeting with the prosecuting attorney and bring a list of questions with you.
- If you received a citation for no proof of insurance, you will need to bring a copy of proof of insurance. Your proof of insurance must contain information that includes the dates your policy is valid (including the date you got your ticket) and contact information for your insurance.
- Children are not allowed in court. Please arrange for child care prior to your court appearance.