COVID-19 Announcement: (Updated June 2, 2020)
Important reminders for ALL upcoming court dates
- The south entrance of the Civic Center is closed. Use the north entrance.
- All attendees may be subject to health screening prior to entry into court
- We recommend that only the defendant attend court, with these exceptions:
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Adult caregivers may appear with attendees
- Social distancing will be enforced, masks will be required
- Wait times will likely be longer than normal
- Large bags and backpacks will not be allowed in the courtroom
The Commerce City Municipal Court prosecutes municipal ordinance violations and most traffic violations that occur within city limits. These are issued by a Commerce City police officer, animal control agent, neighborhood services inspector or sales tax auditor. The Municipal Court Staff cannot provide legal advice.
Municipal Court reopened June 3, 2020. Please scroll down for a list of rescheduled court dates from March, April, and May.
Before Your Court Appearance
Watch the advisement of rights video below prior to appearing. This video contains important information about your rights as a defendant. You will need to watch this prior to submitting a plea.
If you cannot watch or hear this video - you must read the written advisement of rights.
- Plan to be in court for at least three hours.
- If you are under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must appear with you (no other adult is acceptable).
- Try to arrive 15 minutes or more before the time set on your letter as you are seen on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please dress appropriately. If you arrive to court wearing inappropriate clothing, you may be asked to leave and come back dressed in more appropriate apparel.
- Hats are not allowed in the courtroom. If you do wear a hat, you will be asked to remove it while you are in the courtroom.
- Cell phone use is not permitted in the courtroom.
- Plan ahead. Prepare for your meeting with the prosecuting attorney and bring a list of questions with you.
- If you received a citation for no proof of insurance, you will need to bring a copy of proof of insurance. Your proof of insurance must contain information that includes the dates your policy is valid (including the date you got your ticket) and contact information for your insurance.
- Children are not allowed in court. Please arrange for child care prior to your court appearance.
All scheduled court dates postponed from March, April or May have been rescheduled as follows. If you have questions about court schedules, email email@example.com.
If you wish to resolve your case without appearing in court, please send a request to the email above.
Original Court Date
Revised Court Date
|March 12||June 4|
|March 18||June 15|
|March 19||July 1|
|March 25||June 24|
|March 26||June 4|
|April 1||June 25|
|April 2||July 1|
|April 6||June 15|
|April 8||June 22 and 24|
|April 9||July 9|
|April 15||July 9|
|April 16||July 1|
|April 20||June 4|
|April 22||June 10|
|April 23||June 11|
|April 29||June 17|
|April 30||June 18|
|May 4||June 15|
|May 6||June 25|
|May 7||July 1|
|May 13||June 24|
|May 14||July 9|
|May 18||June 22 and 24|
|May 20||July 15|
|May 21||July 16|
- If you were scheduled for 8:30 a.m., appear on the revised date at 8:30 a.m.
- If you were scheduled for 1 p.m., appear on the revised date at 1 p.m.
- If you were scheduled at any other time, arrive at 1:30 p.m.
- Fines/Payments can be mailed or made at www.citepayusa.com. You will need your summons number and date of birth.
Pay a Ticket or Fine
There are many ways you can pay — learn more on how to resolve your citation.
Lost Your Ticket?
If you need a court records search or records:
- You must appear in person at the court office at the Commerce City Civic Center during normal business hours.
- Bring a valid photo ID or driver’s license. We will search your name and date of birth in our system.
Court records are destroyed four years after a case is closed. We cannot provide information about records that were closed four or more years ago. If you do not have a record with Commerce City Municipal Court, you will be issued a letter stating that.
For information on police records, visit c3gov.com/police.