ALERT: Commerce City is under the Safer at Home public health order. All City of Commerce City facilities and rec centers remain closed to the public until further notice. Visit for updates.

Contact Police Department


Always call 911 in an emergency, but if you have an issue that doesn’t require an immediate response, call the non-emergency number: 303-288-1535.

You can also reach 911 by texting 911 from a cell phone. You should only do this if you are in a situation where it is not “safe” for you to call, or you cannot call for some reason.

For more information visit the Colorado Police, Fire and EMS Dispatch Center

911 has a translation service and non-English speakers can be assisted in their native language.

Report a Crime or Concern

Report a Crime

To report a crime in progress call 911. Otherwise, call the Police Department's non-emergency number at 303-288-1535.

Report an Accident

File your accident report online. If you are looking for information about a traffic accident report or need a copy, call 303-287-2844 or visit

Report a Noise Complaint

Call the Police Department's non-emergency number at 303-288-1535.

Report an Abandoned Vehicle

If the vehicle is located on a public street or roadway call 303-288-1535. If the vehicle is on private property submit a service request online.

Animal Control 

Animal Control provides education to the community on animal care and responsible ownership. These specially trained officers respond to the following:

  • Animal bite complaints 
  • Requests for collecting surrendered pets 
  • Requests for picking up stray or deceased animals 
  • General animal complaints from citizens
  • Investigations of animal cruelty cases

Call 303-288-1535 for Animal Control issues. Call 911 in an emergency.

Impounded Animals

For questions about impounded pets, please contact the Adams County Animal Shelter at 303-288-3294. 

Report Graffiti

Neighborhood Services Division coordinates free graffiti removal within the city, however, written consent from the property owner is required or the property owner will be responsible for removal of the graffiti.

You can request removal of graffiti for:

  • Private property: Contact Neighborhood Services at 303-227-8860
  • Public property: Contact Public Works at 303-289-8150
  • City parks: Contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 303-289-3760

Lost and Found Property

If you find property, you can turn it into Commerce City property and evidence. If you have lost property, you can review the list of found property updated monthly.

Commendations and Complaints

Commendations and complaints promote openness and transparency. This form is used to commend or complain about individual officers only and it is not a general complaint form. To submit a commendation or complaint, please fill out the online form. Please do not include sensitive information on this form.

If you are looking for an accident report call 303-289-3701.