Commerce City recognizes the challenges that the COVID-19 pandemic has placed on local businesses and non-profits. As a result, the city created the COVID-19 Business and Non-Profit Support and Recovery Grants to assist small businesses and non-profits with operations disrupted by COVID-19.
The grants are intended to provide qualified businesses and non-profits in the city grants of up to $5,000 for expenses until other funding sources can be secured through loans and federal relief programs.
Grant Opportunity for Non-profits
At this time, there are no additional funding opportunities for non-profit organizations.
Grant Opportunity for Businesses
Third and final round of funding for businesses
Eligible businesses may receive a grant of up to $5,000 through CARES Act funding provided to the City of Commerce City. This final round of funding will be capped at $100,000. Home-based businesses are eligible to apply for this round of funding. Previously awarded business grantees are not eligible for this round of funding.
To qualify for this grant, the business must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must have a Commerce City-based business that started operations on or before March 12, 2020.
- Must be a for-profit, independently-owned local business, and is temporarily closed or experiencing dramatically limited operations due to COVID-19 Public Health Orders.
- Have no more than 50 full-time equivalent (FTE) positions.
- Must have an active Commerce City business license. The fee for a general business license is $20.
- Be in good standing with the City of Commerce City for any permits, licenses, and taxes as of March 1, 2020.
- Business consistently follows all local, state, and federal laws and regulations and operates in a neighborly manner.
- Businesses with more than one physical location in the City of Commerce City may apply for the grant program for one location only. For purposes of estimating FTE’s, the FTE count shall be based only on the specific location applying for the grant.
- Corporately-owned national chains may not apply for the grant program. However, individually owned franchise operators are eligible.
- Previously awarded business grantees are not eligible for this round of funding.
- A W-9 is requested.
- Wednesday, July 22, at 8 a.m. - Application Opens
- Monday, July 27, at 5 p.m. - Application Deadline
- Week of Monday, August 3 - Awards Announced
- The application period is now closed.
Additional Resources & Questions
Commerce City businesses may find additional resources at RedefiningCommerce.com/biz-covid-19. For questions, contact the Director of Economic Development Michelle Claymore at email@example.com.