City council proclamations are issued to honor a person or an event that reflects positively upon the community. Request a proclamation online by following the steps below.
- Be requested by a Commerce City resident or business.
- Have a positive citywide impact.
- Not duplicate other requests.
- Not take sides in matters of political controversy, ideological, or religious beliefs or individual conviction.
- Provide four to six relevant facts or reasons why the proclamation should be issued, which would be used in the "whereas" statements.
The city's issuance of a proclamation does not constitute an endorsement.
Request a Proclamation
Submit a letter outlining your request, including how the proclamation would meet the guidelines listed above. Include your contact information for any follow-up questions.
Submit letter to:
City of Commerce City
7887 E. 60th Ave.
Commerce City, CO 80022
All requests will be reviewed to verify the content meets the guidelines. All content will be edited to meet the city's format.
Please submit your request at least four weeks prior to the date in which you would like your proclamation presented.