Each year, the foundation awards scholarships to assist with the financial obligations of Commerce City residents seeking a post-secondary education. Each recipient receives up to $4,000 over a four-year period. Scholarships are funded with monies raised from a variety of events.
Scholarship Program Criteria
- Applicants are required to have been accepted to a college, university, or vocational school located in Colorado.
- Applicants must be residents of Commerce City.
- City Council and relatives of City Council, as well as city employees and relatives of city employees, are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must provide a concise essay of their proposed field of study, educational goals, career goals, and how their education will benefit the community.
- Applicants must provide information on personal finances and financial planning specifics, if applicable.
- February 3: Application release. Students may start applying.
- April 3: Application deadline
- May 18: Scholarship Awards Announced
Scholarship recipients are recognized during a city council meeting and take part in the city’s annual Memorial Day Parade.