About Civic Academy
The Commerce City Civic Academy is a seven-week program that gives residents a chance to deepen their knowledge of the city and its operations. Attendees learn more about the role of municipal government, city operations, special districts, and emerging issues. The program aims to develop and cultivate leaders in the community by informing residents, increasing engagement, improving trust, and encouraging residents to participate in the community.
- Wednesdays, April 1 - May 13, 2020 POSTPONED DUE TO COVID-19
- 6 - 8 p.m.
- The location of each class varies in Commerce City (see class schedule PDF below for specific locations)
- A graduation celebration with city council will take place on Monday, May 18, 2020
- The application deadline for this session is Monday, March 9.
- The selected individuals will be notified by email by March 16.
- City Overview
- Residential Services and Amenities
- Growth and Development
- Special Districts
- Public Safety
- School Districts
- Emerging Issues
- Getting Involved
- Class size is limited to 25 participants, who must be residents of Commerce City or employed at a business with a physical presence in Commerce City
- The Academy is free and open to those 18 or older
- Participants may not miss more than one session to graduate
- Participants may not run for local political office during the program
The application deadline for this session is March 9, 2020.
Contact John Bourjaily at firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 227-8789