Welcome to the city's online development center, which outlines each step in the development process from annexation to getting your building permit. Whether you are planning a large-scale development project, expanding an existing business, or further develop your property, the city is committed to working collaboratively with you to make the development process as easy as possible.
We look forward to working together to make your project a success.
New Processes and Procedures
The city has updated the process for submitting land use applications to accommodate social distancing. Please review the document below for instructions on the new process:
Procedures for sign postings and recording of documents have also been updated. Please review the following documents for instructions:
Review Timeline for New Residential Projects
Due to a surge in development activity and the continued need for thorough plan/document review despite the impacts of the pandemic, the new timeline for review and comment on new residential applications is as follows:
- 8 weeks for the first round of review
- 7 and 6 weeks for subsequent reviews
Previously submitted applications, as well as non-residential applications will remain under the previous review timelines.
If you have questions about your project, please contact the Planning Division at 303-289-3683.
To help identify where you stand in the process and better navigate the development center, please review the area site map to find out more information about your next step:
- Includes: Zone Changes, PUDs, Concept Plans and Land Use Plan Amendments
- Subdivision Plats
- Includes: Final Plats, Sketch Plats, Lot Line Adjustments, Common Wall Subdivisions, Recording info
- Development Plans/PUD Permits
- Includes: Landscape Plans
- Other Processes
- Includes: Variances, Height Exceptions, Outdoor Storage and Floodplain permits, Master Model Elevation Review, Minor Modifications, Neighborhood Meetings
- Includes zone district standards for: Single-family detached, Multi-family, Commercial, Industrial, Agricultural and Public/Institutional Development Standards
- Special Use Permits
- Includes: Conditional Use Permits, Use-by-permits, Condition Compliance, Marijuana Uses
- Special Use Permits
- Includes: water, fire, schools, Metro Districts, GIDs
- Includes: Grading permits, Right-of-Way permits, Drainage and Stormwater Drainage Design info
- Includes: Permitting processes, Building Inspections, etc.