Commerce City staff continues to communicate with local health partners, Tri-County Health Department and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), regarding COVID-19, more commonly known as the coronavirus.
To help answer general questions about COVID-19, the CDPHE has set up a Colorado Health Emergency Line for the Public (CO HELP) at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911. You can also email them at COHELP@RMPDC.org, for answers in English and Spanish (Español), Mandarin, and more.
The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
Below is some reliable information to help you stay informed about the virus:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov
Tri-County Health Department: https://www.tchd.org/818/Coronavirus