City's Home Repair Program offers assistance to those who qualify
Need home repairs? The city may be able to help.
The city is accepting homeowner applications for its Home Repair Programs. In total, there are three programs available:
- Minor Home Repair Program – minor home repairs not to exceed $7,500 per household
- Weatherization Program – home energy efficiency improvements
- Paint-a-Thon Program – exterior painting for seniors and disabled homeowners
Each program has specific eligibility requirements; however, the general requirements for all three programs include:
- Your home must be located within the City of Commerce City boundaries.
- The property must be a single-family residence; manufactured homes are also eligible.
- You must be a legal U.S. resident.
- You must be current on your mortgage payments or have paid off your mortgage.
- The property must not be for sale.
- Workers must be able to safely access all areas of the home as such the home must be clear of clutter and debris.
- Applicants must meet income qualifications.
To learn more about the programs and if you qualify, visit c3gov.com/CBDG or call 303-289-8168.