2019 Commerce City budget shows continued growth
The city’s 2019 adopted budget was approved by city council following a public hearing at the November 5 meeting. Highlights from the 2019 budget include:
- $85,411,705 in total projected revenue for 2019 from all sources. This represents a 10 percent increase from the 2018 budget due to the city’s continued growth.
- The city’s largest revenue source is sales and use tax, which accounts for nearly $70 million – more than 80 percent – of the city’s projected revenue.
- Of the city’s expenditures, nearly $67 million covers the city’s day-to-day operations and services through the general fund. Nearly $18.4 million will go toward the capital improvement program fund.
Following the city’s vision and city council’s direction, the budget is created with the following goals in mind:
- Balance the budget without using fund balances
- Take care of capital maintenance
- Attract and retain a high quality workforce
- Maintain levels of service
Visit c3gov.com/budget to learn more and view the city’s full budget.