Learn about proposed improvements to US 85 (from I-76 to 124th Ave.) at public meeting on Dec. 12
The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), in coordination with an advisory team of Adams County and Commerce City, Brighton and Thornton, have reviewed and evaluated alternatives to best improve the transportation network along US 85 from I-76 to 124th Avenue.
After three levels of evaluation/screening and public input on multiple options for each intersection (from March 2018 public meeting & other communications), the advisory team identified a preferred alternative for further environmental evaluation. The preferred alternative selected best meets the purpose and need, and is responsive to public needs, as well as to community and environmental resources. Funding is not yet secured for the entire preferred alternative, therefore construction will most likely be phased over time (intersections will be constructed at the same time).
The preferred alternative intersections:
- 124th/US85 – Closure of existing at-grade signalized intersection.
- 120th/US85– Replacement of the existing at-grade intersection with a diverging diamond (DDI) bridge intersection.
- 112th/US85 – Extension and addition of left- and right-turn lanes to the existing at-grade, signalized intersection.
- Longs Peak/US85 – Closure of existing at-grade ¾ movement intersection.
- 104th/US85 – Replacement of the existing at-grade intersection with a diamond bridge interchange.
Go to the project website for more information on the proposed action, purpose and need, alternatives evaluated, and March 2018 public meeting input.
Please attend the public meeting on this preferred alternative to learn more and provide input:
WHEN: December 12, 2018; 4:30-7 p.m.
WHERE: Belle Creek Family Center, 10693 Belle Creek Blvd, Henderson, CO
FORMAT: Open house, drop by any time between 4:30-7 p.m. to talk with CDOT and the project team.
Requests for communication assistance or reasonable accommodations for special needs, contact the US 85 Public Involvement Team prior to the meeting: 303-881-3329.