Recycle your Christmas tree for free Dec. 26 to Jan. 6
587 trees were recycled last year to create mulch for use along city greenways and trails.
Be green this holiday season and recycle your natural Christmas tree with the city. Seven free drop-off locations are open from Dec. 26, 2018 to Jan. 6, 2019 to let you dispose of your tree without using a large-item pickup from Waste Management. The parks and recreation department mulches the trees and uses the material along city greenways and trails.
Contribute your tree and help keep the city beautiful throughout the trails system. Last year 587 trees were recycled. Trees should be natural and free of all ornaments, decorations and stands. Wreaths, tree limbs, synthetic trees, bushes and shrubs are not accepted for recycling.
- Fairfax Park, 6850 Fairfax Dr., north parking lot along E. 69th Avenue
- River Run Park, 11515 Oswego St., small parking lot
- Eagle Pointe Recreation Center, 6060 Parkway Dr., west side parking lot
- Municipal Services Center, 8602 Rosemary St., entrance south of the soccer fields
- Bison Ridge Recreation Center, 13905 E. 112th Ave.
- Buffalo Run Golf Course, 15700 E. 112th Ave., near the maintenance building
- Fronterra Park, 10020 Joplin St., parking lot along E. 101st Way
Look for fencing and signage clearly marking the recycling drop-off areas at each location. For additional information contact the parks operations hotline, at 303-289-8196.