Nominations must be received by 5 p.m. on March 8, 2019. Nominations received after this date will not be considered.
The city is seeking nominations to be selected for the 2019 Memorial Day Parade Grand Marshal.
The Memorial Day Parade Committee reviews the nominations and makes the final selection in mid-March, at which time the Grand Marshal will be notified.
The Memorial Day Parade Committee includes two members of City Council and staff representatives from the city manager’s office, police department, parks division, and public works. Depending on the number of nominations received, the number of grand marshals selected may be limited at the discretion of the parade committee.
The committee bases their recommendation on the following criteria:
- The nominee must be either a veteran or actively serving in the military.
- The nominee should be a current or past resident of Commerce City.
- The nominee will be selected on the basis of his or her achievements during their time of military service and/or his or her contributions to the Commerce City community.
- The nominee must be willing to act as Grand Marshal.
- The nominee must be willing and able to attend the Memorial Day Ceremony and Parade on Monday, May 27, 2019.
The Grand Marshal will be recognized at a pre-parade ceremony at the Veterans Memorial Park on Memorial Day, Monday, May 27, 2019. The Grand Marshal is placed towards the beginning of the parade and is acknowledged by parade commentators. Once the Grand Marshal has completed the parade route, he or she is escorted to the reviewing stand for the remainder of the parade.