The city is home to 18 parks, half of which have shelters available to rent for family picnics, business meetings, corporate outings, or church functions.Applications for rentals are available starting March 1 and can be rented daily from 8 a.m.-10 p.m. through October. All shelters are equipped with lights and electrical outlets.
Shelter fees are based on all-day use and range from $60 to $105 for city residents based on the size of shelter. Nonresidents pay $90 to $135. A $100 deposit is due upon reservation and rental payment must be made in full two weeks before date needed. The deposit is refundable in full if the shelter is left clean and undamaged.
Due to liability and safety concerns, private party rental groups are prohibited from bringing inflatable play structures (also called "bounce houses", "bouncy castles", etc) into Commerce City parks.
Application and payment for the shelter must be submitted no later than two weeks prior to desired rental date.
- Fairfax Park: 6850 Fairfax Drive
- Freedom Park: 6330 Oneida St.
- Fronterra Park: 10020 Joplin St.
- Monaco Park: 5790 Monaco St.
- Pioneer Park: 5950 Holly St.
- Prairie Gateway Open Space and Trail: 6350 Gateway Rd.
- River Run Park: 11515 Oswego St.
- Rose Hill Grange Park: 4051 E. 68th Ave.
- Stampede Park: 11755 Fairplay St.
- Turnberry Park: 10725 Wheeling St.
- Veterans Memorial Park: 6015 Forest Dr.
- Villages East Park: 11698 Chambers Rd.
Doing an outdoor event that requires a trail? The city has 25 miles of trail that can be used for run/walk events, bike events that benefit the community or a non profit.
Use our interactive trail map to find the route that may work best for your event.
For trail rentals please contact Tim Moore at (303) 289-3763 and allow a minimum of eight weeks for processing.
Fees must be paid two weeks prior to the rental date. Depending on your event, you may need a permit for alcohol or a special event. Visit the recreation center to review and help complete your application and necessary permits.