Detailed class times, prices, level descriptions and registration deadlines can be found in the printed brochure.
Private / Semi-Private Swim Lessons
Excel in swimming with one-on-one instruction. Participants of all ability levels ages 3 and over are welcome. To arrange lessons, call (303) 289-3711 or stop by the recreation center to fill out a request form. Appointments are scheduled based on participant and instructor availability.
This introductory class is designed to introduce infants to the water while parents learn how to work with their child safely in the water. Ages: 6-17 months
This introductory class for toddlers is designed to help parents learn how to handle their child safely in the water while children learn basic swimming and water safety skills, build confidence, and become comfortable in and around the pool. Ages: 18 months to 2 years
Group lessons suitable for adult ages 16 and over. Sign up to learn how to swim, build endurance or learn new skills to enhance your stroke.
Our learn-to-swim program is divided into six program levels. Advancement from one level to the next depends on the successful completion of the prior class. We recommend placing your child in a class they are comfortable with, rather than one that is too challenging. To arrange your free assessment, call 303.289.3711.
- Level 1 - Water Adjustment: Designed for children who are new to, or slightly afraid of, the water.
- Level 2 - Fundamentals: Teaches independent floating, basic stroke techniques and water safety.
- Level 3 - Independent Swim: Combines breathing, stroke technique and distance swimming.
- Level 4 - Stroke Techniques: Builds endurance and improves stroke techniques.
- Level 5 - Stroke Mechanics: Refines strokes in preparation for competitive swimming.
- Level 6 - Swim Team Prep: Focuses on endurance and competitive swimming skills.
This class is for young adults with minimal or no swimming ability. It focuses on teaching fundamental skills as well as minimum requirements to pass a lifeguard training pretest (Lifeguards must be 16 years of age). Ages: 13-15
Online Registration for Residents
Registration opens one day earlier (at 9:30 a.m.) than walk-in or phone registrations or non-residents registering online.
- Important! If you do not already have an online account, it must be created at least 48 hours before registering. Note that family members can only be added by a staff member. Please make sure all swimmers are set up before registration begins.
Phone and Walk-in Registrations (for residents and non-residents)
Registrations are taken at 9:30 a.m. on the registration date found in the printed brochure.