Go To Search
Contractor's Licenses
A contractor's license is required for most construction. Any contractor working in the City of Commerce City must hold a current license with the city. Electrical and plumbing contractors must register with the city. The City of Commerce City recognizes and licenses the following types of general contractors:
  • Unlimited general contractor A
  • General contractor B limited
  • Residential / general contractor C
  • Residential / remodeling contractor D

Download and complete the full Contractor License Application.

General Contractors

Homeowners do not need a contractor's license to perform certain types of work themselves. For more information, or to confirm that a contractor has a current license with the city, please submit a request by contacting the Community Development Department at 303-289-3790.

Moisture management in and around a residence is an important part of homeowner
maintenance. Click here to view the Homeowners Guide to Moisture Management