- November 7, 2017: Election Day
- 2017 Election Calendar
- Ballot Content for 2017
- 2017 Candidate Forum Flier | Visit the Video Center webpage to view video from the forum. (Select Election under the Video Webcast Archives.)
The following individuals are listed as official municipal candidates.
Click on the candidate name to view profile and video.
Ward I (1 seat open)
Ward III (1 seat open)
At-Large (2 seats open)
Becoming a Candidate
Residents interested in elected office must meet the following requirements:
- Citizen of the United States
- 18 years of age or older
- City resident for at least 12 months preceding appointment
- Resident of ward (not applicable for at-large seats) for 25 days immediately preceding appointment
- Cannot be serving a felony conviction (including probation or parole)
- August 8, 2017: Nomination petitions are available for pick up. Petitions must be signed by at least 25 registered electors within the ward or city.
- August 28, 2017: Last day for candidates to submit completed nomination petitions to be placed on the ballot.
- View Ward maps
- Learn more about the election process and past results
Voter ResourcesNeed to register? Moved and want to verify your information? Or perhaps serve as a county election clerk? Check out these resources for your election questions and needs.
- Register to Vote or Verify Voter Information
- Frequently Asked Questions about Elections
- Adams County Clerk and Recorder Elections Department
Citizen-driven initiatives are part of the city's democratic process. The city clerk's office has guidelines consistent with state statute and city charter for residents interested in placing an issue on the ballot or recalling elected officials. Below are guidelines and sample templates.