City Council sets policy goals for the city, consistent with the city's vision and mission. These goals are used to create the city's biannual budget and establish an annual work plan, which guides city programs, services and project delivery. Staff reports quarterly on progress towards established goals with a work plan update.
- Develop a balanced and vibrant economy to improve socioeconomic status
- Ensure a financially-sound city government to maintain or improve levels of service
- Develop and maintain public infrastructure to improve community appearance and encourage private investment
- Preserve and nurture a quality community to improve resident health and safety
- Engage the public to encourage community involvement, communication and to build trust