City council is the legislative and governing body of Commerce City. The nine members establish the vision for the city, set annual goals to achieve that vision and enact the laws that govern residents. City council annually reviews and approves the city budget. They also appoint the city manager, city attorney and municipal court judge, as well as members of boards and commissions.
City Council Meetings
- Regular meetings: 6 p.m. on the first and third Monday of each month except for holidays. Time is dedicated during the regular meetings for citizen communication.
- Study sessions: 6 p.m. on the second and fourth Monday of each month except for holidays.
- Meeting locations: Unless otherwise designated by the council, meetings take place at the Civic Center at 7887 E 60th Ave., Commerce City.
- Meeting broadcasts: Regular meetings are broadcast online and on local Channel 8.
Agendas, Policies & Goals
There are nine city council members, including one mayor, a council member for each of the city's four wards and four members at-large. The mayor selects a councilperson to serve as the mayor pro tem.
- Mayor Sean Ford
- Mayor Pro Tem Councilman Rick Teter, Ward II
- Councilman Oscar Madera, Ward I
- Councilwoman Nicole Frank, Ward III
- Councilman Steve Davis, Ward IV
- Councilman Steve Douglas, At-Large
- Councilwoman Crystal Elliott, At-Large
- Councilman Benjamin Huseman, At-Large
- Councilman José Guardiola, At-Large
Commerce City Telephone Town Halls
City council hosts telephone town hall meetings a to provide residents an easy way to engage in city government from the comfort of their home. This call is an opportunity to share city information, get feedback on city projects and answer questions about services or issues.
- Wednesday, Feb. 21, 7-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 16, 7-8 p.m.
- CANCELED: Wednesday, August, 15, 7-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 14, 7-8 p.m.
Ways to Join the Conversation
- Call: At the time of the event call in at 877-229-8493 and enter 115347 when prompted.
- Subscribe: Sign up to receive a phone call at the time of the meeting to participate. To subscribe, text C3GOV to 828282 or sign up here.
- Listen Live: Visit the Town Hall webpage to listen online during the call.
Telephone Town Hall Archives
Missed the live conversation? You can listen to past telephone town halls. Audio recordings are typically posted one week after the event.
¡Alza Tu Voz! Reunión con Líderes de la Ciudad
Con el objetivo de tener una conversación abierta sobre temas de interés de la comunidad Latina, la ciudad tendrá dos reuniones al año. Escucha los audios de las reuniones pasadas en la página ¡Alza Tu Voz!