City council is the legislative and governing body of Commerce City. The nine members establish the vision for the city, set annual goals to achieve that vision and enact the laws that govern residents. City council annually reviews and approves the city budget. They also appoint the city manager, city attorney and municipal court judge, as well as members of boards and commissions.
City Council Meetings
- Regular meetings: 6 p.m. on the first and third Monday of each month except for holidays.
- Study sessions: 6 p.m. on the second and fourth Monday of each month except for holidays.
- Meeting locations: Unless otherwise designated by the council, meetings take place at the Civic Center at 7887 E 60th Ave., Commerce City.
- Meeting broadcasts: Regular meetings are broadcast online and on local Channel 8.
Agendas, Minutes and Policies
There are nine city council members, including one mayor, a council member for each of the city's four wards and four members at-large. The mayor selects a councilperson to serve as the mayor pro tem.
- Mayor Sean Ford
- Mayor Pro Tem Councilman René Bullock, At-Large
- Councilman Andrew Amador, Ward I
- Councilman Rick Teter, Ward II
- Councilwoman Jadie Carson, Ward III
- Councilman Paolo Diaz, Ward IV
- Councilman Steve Douglas, At-Large
- Councilwoman Crystal Elliott, At-Large
- Councilman Jason McEldowney, At-Large
Commerce City Telephone Town Halls
City council hosts six telephone town hall meetings a year to provide residents an easy way to engage in city government from the comfort of their home. This call is an opportunity to share city information, get feedback on city projects and answer questions about services or issues.
There are no more Telephone Town Halls scheduled for 2017. The 2018 schedule will be posted here when it's finalized.
Ways to Join the Conversation
- Call: At the time of the event call in at 877-229-8493 and enter 115347 when prompted.
- Subscribe: Sign up to receive a phone call at the time of the meeting to participate. To subscribe, text C3GOV to 828282 or sign up here.
Telephone Town Hall Archives
Missed the live conversation? You can now listen to past telephone town halls. Audio recordings are typically posted one week after the event. We hope to include recordings of the Spanish telephone town halls soon.