Statement of Purpose
Information Collected By Commerce City & How It Is Used
The city collects certain information from visitors to its website and server in order to monitor visitor traffic to the city’s website and server and to evaluate and make improvements to the city’s website and server. Information of this kind may be collected in a variety of ways. Examples of information that the city may collect from visitors to its website and server include:
- Your internet protocol address and domain name
- The type of browser you use
- The type of operating system you use
- The name of your internet service provider
- The date and time of your visit
- The web page(s) or service(s) you viewed during your visit
Online Forms & Applications
Please be advised that if you choose to complete any of the city’s online forms or applications or to communicate with any city officials or staff via email, the city cannot process incomplete applications or forms submitted or respond to incomplete emails. The city reserves the right to share personal information submitted by its visitors among city departments for business and administrative purposes. The city does not share personal information with third parties unless compelled or otherwise required to do so by law.
Your decision not to submit all personal information requested on an online form or application may affect your ability to submit online forms and applications but will not otherwise affect or limit your ability to access information available on the city’s website and server or to submit applications and forms in person. If you are uncomfortable submitting forms and applications to the city online or communicating with city officials and staff via email, you are welcome to visit us in person to obtain, complete, and submit city forms and applications or to communicate with city officials or staff at the:
Commerce City Civic Center
7887 E. 60th Ave.
Commerce City, CO 80022
City Attorney's Office
The City Attorney’s Office cannot provide legal advice to city residents or other members of the public. If you have a legal issue or concern, you are encouraged to consult a private attorney. If you have a complaint, concern or problem involving the city, submit a service request.
The City of Commerce City (the “city”) does not make any warranties or representations with respect to the content, quality, accuracy, timeliness, or completeness of any information, graphic, link, or materials contained on the city’s website, server, or any other server. The city shall not assume any legal liability for the content, quality, accuracy, timeliness, or completeness of such information, graphics, links, or materials, nor shall the city be held liable for any damages arising from the use of information from the city’s website, its server, or through links to any other sites or servers. The information, graphics, links, and materials found on the city’s website and its server are subject to change without notice.
Communication with the city through this website or its server shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal or official notice to the city, its elected officials, board members, departments, agencies, employees, representatives, attorneys, or agents with respect to any existing, pending, or future claim or cause of action against the city or any of its elected officials, boards, departments, agencies, employees, representatives, attorneys, or agents where notice is required by federal, state, or local law, rules, or regulations. Nor shall communication with the city through this website or its server be deemed to constitute legal or official notice for any other purpose.
The city is committed to ensuring that this web site is accessible to its citizens and visitors. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the accessibility of this site, please contact us as we are continually striving to improve this website and server.
Accessibility Design Guidelines
Our website has been designed with the following accessibility guidelines in mind:
- The standard font used throughout the site has been chosen to be easily legible.
- Wherever possible, we use live text instead of graphics to reduce the download time of pages and increase your control.
- No information is exclusively conveyed using color. This doesn't mean that colors are not used to organize information; instead it means there are also other, non-color dependent ways of doing this.
- All images and hyperlinks, where appropriate, have an alternative text attribute. This means when an image or hyperlink is conveying important information its content is described with an alternative text.
- We have attempted specifically to comply with Section 508 referring to website accessibility standards.
- If you have difficulty accessing content on the site or have any comments or feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Accessibility Design Guidelines
Many popular browsers contain built-in accessibility tools.
Adobe Acrobat is required to view and print PDF documents that appear on this website.
- To download this program for free, visit the Adobe website.
- To read PDF documents with a screen reader please link to the Access Adobe website which provides useful tools and resources.
The city of Commerce City holds trademarks for those graphic images, designs, logos or other content which are identified by a ™ or ® on this website. This means that you may not use these trademarked graphic images, designs, logos, or other content for any purpose. You may print copies of the information found on the city’s website or server for your own personal use and reference. However, any other use of the trademarked materials found on the city’s website or server is expressly prohibited. In all copies of this information, you must retain the trademark, this notice, and any other trademark notices originally included with such information.