Form of Government
Commerce City is a home-rule municipality, which means the city council may determine local laws within the city limits. It operates under a council-manager form of government, where the city council establishes the vision and approves the budget, while the city manager serves as the chief executive officer for the organization, working with city departments to implement council's vision.
The laws (ordinances) that govern citizen conduct are contained in the city's Revised Municipal Code.
A Quality Community for a Lifetime
The City of Commerce City's government exists to:
- Provide municipal services and programs valued by our citizens
- Plan and develop a unified, sustainable community
- Enhance the quality of life in our community by/through:
- Economic diversity and development
- Offering unique leisure activities and opportunities
- Planning and developing quality physical environment
Join the Commerce City workforce and serve a progressive and diverse community!