Spanish Telephone Town Hall — an open conversation with the city
PARTICIPANTS CAN CALL OR MEET IN PERSON
Commerce City is hosting an all-Spanish Telephone Town Hall or Junta Con Lideres de la Ciudad on September 20 with the goal of having an open conversation about issues of interest in the Spanish-speaking community.
Although residents can call and ask any question about the city, this meeting will focus on a variety of topics and upcoming events including Commerce City’s 9HealthFair, immigration, code enforcement, trash and recycling, and victim services.
The meeting is by phone and completely anonymous with the intention of having residents openly ask questions, leave comments and encourage participation in local government.
There are two ways to participate:
- In person: Listening party hosted by City of Commerce City and Cultivando
- Yellow Rose Event Center, 6490 E. 72nd Place
- Appetizers will begin at 5:30 p.m.
- City Council members will be at the Yellow Rose listening to the call, along with residents
- By phone:
- The live call starts at 7 p.m. and people can participate by calling 877-229-8493, using PIN 116538
- Residents can also register by texting C3GOB to 828282 and receive a call right before the meeting begins
Commerce City hosts regular Telephone Town Halls in English, where city council listens and answers residents’ questions. In this meeting, the mayor along with city council will be listening to conversation while a panel of city representatives answers residents’ questions.