Free yard waste drop-off event this Saturday
Dispose of your fall leaves and other compostable green waste from your residential lawn at this free event on Saturday, Nov. 4. All collected material goes to a composting facility instead of the landfill. Proof of residency is required, no businesses or contractors allowed.
Green Yard Waste Drop-Off Event
Saturday, Nov. 4
8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
former Mile High Greyhound Park site
(enter at E. 62nd Avenue and Parkway Drive)
Acceptable materials include:
- Grass clippings
- Tree limbs (cut to no more than 8 feet long)
- Weeds, flowers, other plant debris
Items NOT accepted include:
- Lumber, plywood or other construction debris
- Sod or dirt
- Fencing, rocks, bricks, flower pots
- Cactus or palm branches
- Animal droppings
- Any non-organic or hazardous materials
All items are subject to individual review. Contact the Public Works Department at 303-289-8150 with questions about eligibility of specific items.
Visit the Trash & Recycling page for more information.